Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It was like a magical night for me last Saturday.  I never thought I would have four of the Outlaw artists who are featured in the book with me on, of all things, the Shooter Jennings tour bus.  But so it happened.

First it was me and Shooter and Joey Allcorn on the bus, waiting for Shooter to begin his 10:30 show at the Cut Bait Festival in Columbus, Georgia.  Shooter surprised Joey by asking him to sing with him on the "White Trash Song" from Shooter's new CD, "The Other Life."  Joey did a helluva' job especially given the faulty sound system.  "This is where I was meant to be," Joey said to me right before he took the stage.  He is oh so right.

After the show, I was sitting in the tour bus speaking with Shooter and Joey when Outlaw artist Bert David Newton, aka "Chigger," knocked on the door and immediately sat himself down next to the bottle of Jack.  Chigger is fun to be around, a great conversationalist, and thoroughly immersed in the history of 1970s Outlaw.  His band is four-on-the-floor powered right at you.

A strange scratching at the door followed.  In came Wayne Mills. I tell a story of an adventure I had with Wayne during the book interviews, and it helps reveal why his nickname is "Moonshine." No moonshine this night, but good times that allowed me to live a dream.  Thanks, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment